The Dream Catching Academy has a wonderful programme for girls in year 10. It has been specifically developed to enhance their learning by showing them the power of dreaming as the first step to achieving goals. An important aspect of the Elicit programme is the Dream board sessions. These are sessions in which each girl will reflect on what their dreams and aspirations are. Creating a sacred space that displays what you want actually does bring it to life. What we focus on expands. When you create a dream board and place it in a space where you see it often, you essentially end up doing short visualisation exercises throughout the day.
- 1. One Day Event – 1st of June – this one day event will introduce a large group of students to Elicit, which will be based around inspirational speakers and workshops. Students will get an opportunity to hear from some great kiwi’s, people who have triumphed over life’s challenges and who are real change makers in today’s society.
- 2. Dream board Sessions – Following this, the dream board sessions will be completed in school with Elicits Programme Director. Through these sessions, students will be given the opportunity to create a sacred space that displays their dreams and aspirations, whether it’s relationships, career and finances, home, travel or personal growth.
- 3. Social Media support – Following the dream board sessions, the Elicit Programme Director will keep in contact with students via social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat as well as email. The purpose of this is to maintain a social media presence with the girls and keep them inspired and supported to keep following their dreams.
- 4. In school follow up Terms 3 and 4 – Elicit Programme Director Liz Coster will follow up the dream board sessions with in school visits to staff and students.
- 5. Academy application – During Terms 3 and 4 our Programme Director Liz Coster will be visiting schools to invite our girls to apply to become part of Elicit’s inaugural Academy Class of 2018. Students will be selected in consultation with teachers / deans / our Programme Leader and Annette Presley. Academy placements will be notified by 10th November 2017. We look forward to welcoming these girls into our Academy which will follow our girls through to Year 13 and beyond.